22 December 2008

All done

Well, in a manner of speaking, anyway.

This past week, beginning with the trimming of the Christmas tree, has been a wonderful and busy one. Planning to depart after noon today for a visit with my parents on the South Carolina coast, we wanted to leave the house ready for our return home Christmas day when we will welcome Tal's daughter for a visit of several days. I tried out makng a list of everything I had hoped to accomplish during the week. It was a formitable list and probably overly ambitious (at least some of it unnecessary). But, most of the items on the list were finished when we left the new gates closing behind us earlier today. Now, I can get home on Thursday, Christmas dinner on my mind, without any heart-palpating anxiety or dread.

I love feeling finished, however rarely that feeling occurs.

No comments: