08 September 2009

Mumbled hellos

The telephone hasn't been my friend today. We've had the usual calls, none of which were the problem. No, the telephone rang this morning at 12:15 (yes, that's 12:15AM in the morning). It was a call for Tal which woke me up pretty completely, unsettled me, in fact -- enough that I got up and read for a couple of hours finally falling asleep in Tal's big blue recliner during the wee hours. Then, at 5:45 the same person rang the telephone again.

The good news is that I managed not to break a leg getting out of the chair to answer that second call; the bad news is I was up for the day. While I expect the telephone to ring during waking hours, I had to suppress a momentary rancorous flicker every time I answered it today. Grrrr ...

It's not the telephone's fault, I realize. While I don't have any idea what was gong through the caller's mind, I'm not going to lose any more sleep over it, I hope.

Tal's treading lightly, but considering offering a telephone etiquette course!

No comments: