28 March 2009

Going dim

It has been a long, grey day. I don't think the rain actually stopped at any time during the day and there were moments of absolute deluge. I worked in the gallery in Ridge Spring from 1:00 to 4:00 and, the building, having neither heat nor air conditioning (neither being necessary today anyway), stands open during its Friday and Saturday business hours. After I accomplished the normal shopkeeper duties -- there being no customers, I enjoyed sitting on the porch, experiencing the rain on three sides.

Since I certainly didn't overexert myself at any time today, it has to be the weather. I am remarkably tired. Although it's only 6:30, we have finished dinner and the dishes are done. We had already decided to observe Earth Hour this evening, turning off all non-essential appliances and lights from 8:30 to 9:30. The way it's working out, when the lights are dimmed here at Willowbank, I'm simply going to bed.

The lights'll be out, alright ...

No comments: