02 December 2008

Christmas cactus

In the rainy days since returning home from the Thanksgiving holiday I have busied myself creating a Christmas card to use this season. Having decided against a family photograph (all of us, including the dogs, need haircuts), I went back in the Elements 6 catalog to a series of images of our Christmas cactus which bloomed shortly after we brought it in from its summer residing in a shady flower bed.

When I produced a single sheet mock-up showing two cards, one with the photograph in color and other in black and white, Tal requested that we use the color image. A good choice, I think. But, I 'm pleased enough with the black and white to share it here.



The printer in Batesburg informed me late today that the cards would be ready to pick up tomorrow after lunch. I'd best get to finalizing the mailing list.

No comments: