11 July 2012

Keeper of the light

Rose Island Lighthouse, Newport RI

If I were to try to describe this day, I'd use the term "mixed bag."  Today at long last the blocks of time I try to set aside each day for ongoing projects were for the images I made while Tal and I sailed the great American waterways a couple months ago.  This is a task I have so wanted to tackle and I am glad to have it now at the top of the list and to have begun. 

As pleased as I am, however, I have to admit that it is an incredibly tedious process.  Analyzing every individual image -- all 2000 of them.  For quality, usefulness.  Keep or delete.  That's the first decision.  Applying key words.  Who.  What.  When.  Where.  Adding a caption.   Performing a minimal edit on nearly every one.  Cropping.  Correcting color.  Dodging, burning.  Sharpening.  Again and again and again.   

I am tired.  Fortunately, the images are in folders by date.  So, I'm pacing myself.  One day at a time.

Two days done.  Fifteen to go.

No comments: