24 July 2010

Youch

Well, I don't know if the title of this brief post is spelled right, but it's pronounced yee-ouuu-ch!!! and describes pretty well sudden pain and verbal response.*

Two terms should help you get the picture: lawn mowing and ground bees. Luckily, I was in the back yard and not working on the shoulder of Country Club Road, as the sweaty blue jeans had to go -- and in a big hurry.

After some self-doctoring I went back to the mower (having retrieved the jeans, you'll be pleased to know) with my Sure Shot toting Tal walking along next to me watching for evidence of the yellow jacket hole. It didn't take long to find it, but "they" also found us equally quickly, delivering a couple stings to each of us. Tal doused the hole and went back to weed-eating. I finished the lawn.

Generally, after a morning of yard work we have a few aches and pains to remind us of our satisfying efforts. Today's extra pain amounts to several I'd be just as happy to do without on lawn mowing day next week.

* Yes, believe it or not, I was that nice. Even surprised myself ...

No comments: