20 July 2009

Looking back a bit

Our three weeks post Alaska have been full. I don't want to be so focused on the present and the routine we're striving to establish that I fail to acknowledge the memorable.

Like a wedding on the 4th of July. I was the officiant for the very pretty lakeside service. How lucky I was that the official photographer's flash fired just as I made my available light shot, illuminating the bride's face rather nicely. Tal and I enjoyed an amazing hotel room for that weekend and long visits with family, the groom being Tal's great-nephew.



And, my parents have moved. Here's a photo of them during June visiting the new house while the pre-move renovation was going on.

And, below is that same room a mere two weeks after the move. Pretty spiffy, huh?


Late in the day of the move -- almost three weeks ago now -- Mom presented my sister, brother and me a dilemna. The remains of a large bottle wine out of the old refrigerator wouldn't fit in the door of the new refrigerator. So, we did the most logical thing we could think of. Cheers.

No comments: